The Aeon Ceramic carbon cartridge .9 Micron is a great option for tank or chlorinated town water. While the cartridge is rated at .9 micron this dual action cartridge has a ceramic outer shell which filters down to .5 micron and removes sediment, taste and odour, bacteria and parasites including Giardia, Cryptosporidium and e-Coli.
The inner part of the cartridge carbon is NSF tested and impregnated with silver ions which enhances bacteriostatic and self sterilizing properties which help to inhibit bacterial growth in the cartridge. It also removes chlorine, chloramines, lead, pesticides and heavy metals. This cartridge is tested to NSF/ANSI standard 53, if filters up to 3750 Litres.
This cartridge is available in either 9″ x 2.5″ (230x70mm) or 10″ x 2.5″ (250x70mm)
Features and Benefits
– High Efficiency Filter (reduces bacteria, cysts and other particle by up to 9999%)
– Long Life cartridge/Great Value for money (cleanable filter surface to improve cartridge life)
– Anti-bacterial Formulation (contains silver to inhibit microbiological growth with the cartridge)
– Retains essential minerals (Keeps all the minerals beneficial to your health)
– No Power required (more cost effective to maintain)
– Cartridge available in 2 sizes 9″or 10″x 2.5″
– Easy to install and maintain.
Maintaining your ceramic cartridge is important to keep the flow rate at a good level. Over time the flow may reduce because of sediment build up on the ceramic surface causing the flow rate to reduce dramatically in some cases. To clean the cartridge simply hold it under running water and clean gently and evenly with an lightly abrasive pad or scourer until discolouration is removed and the cartridge is looking white again. Once clean replace the cartridge into the filter housing to check that the flow rate has improved. If no improvement repeat the process again, if still no improvement contact Aeon Water filters on 03 9585 8866 as you might need to order a new cartridge.